Tips on How to Pack for a Move
Lambert and Son Moving Company can do all the packing for you to make moving in California a breeze. If you do choose to pack the boxes yourself here are some great packing tips from movers-moving.net to help de-stress moving.
- Start finding boxes and cartons about a month or so prior to the move date. Grocery stores, department stores and especially wholesale stores are great sources for boxes, so request them in advance and they will most likely be willing to get rid of them. Lambert and Son Moving Company can also provide boxes at a low cost to help protect your valued possession.
- Start getting rid of items that will not be moved or packed. Have a garage sale or begin to items into storage that you will not be using. Getting rid of unused items and junk will save you money and a lot of headaches.
- Gather all packing materials needed before starting to pack. Some useful packing materials include: boxes tape, packing paper, packing tape, markers, and box cutter. Lambert Moving Company can help provide these materials for you while moving.
- When learning how to pack, be sure to pack room by room and label the boxes according to the content and which room it belongs in. This packing tip not only helps with the packing process but also with the un-packing process. Be sure to mark the boxes in more than one location, so you can easily identify where a box goes.
- Be sure to have plenty of filling material for the boxes. Packing dishes and fragile items can become a disaster if not enough padding has been used.
- When packing heavy items it is important to pack those into small boxes. Not only would the box become heavy but the bottom can fall out and damage the contents inside. Lambert and Son moving company can also pack your valuables to ensure they are safe and secure.
- When packing clothes that are on hangars, wardrobe boxes can be obtained from Lambert and Son Moving Company. Wardrobe boxes are usually about 4 feet tall and 2 feet by 2 feet around. These boxes can support two feet of hanging clothes.
- The most important part of packing tips is the planning of it. Lambert and Son can take care of all of the planning, from packing the boxes to packing the truck, and from unloading the truck and unloading the boxes. Let us help you take the stress out of moving.
- Use items such as towels and linens for padding. This eliminates the need to pack those goods while being efficient.
- Create a few boxes for easy access. These boxes are for items that are needed day to day and are to be opened first during the unpacking process.